Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving NYC and Project FIND!

On Thanksgiving - the staff at Project FIND put on a meal for around 1000 seniors. It is an epic task, and the planning was already underway when I was in New York in the summer.

I'm sure this Thanksgiving meal means so much to the Project FIND residents and centre users, many of whom may not have family to visit or may not be able to visit family, for health or financial reasons.  Project FIND is like a family for those who work there and use its services.  I wish I was there with the brilliant, dedicated team and all of the seniors to celebrate this holiday. 

During my time at Project FIND, I worked with Debra Escort and others to produce this Project FIND 2011 calendar, which is distributed at the Thanksgiving do.  I was delighted to be sent two copies, which arrived yesterday. Here is a picture of the front cover (below) - doesn't Pat look great posing in Strawberry Fields, Central Park? (We had to clear all of the tourists to get this pic - so I'm glad it has been put to good use!)

No comments:

Post a Comment